Strawberry Popsicle Dog Treats
These homemade frozen strawberry dog treats are easy-to-make and what your best friend would ask for if they could talk. The recipe requires only 4 ingredients, many of which you probably have at home already. Fresh strawberries, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and water are simply blended to make a cool and delicious treat any dog (or human) would love on a hot day.
Strawberries are a great choice for homemade dog treats because they are full of antioxidants, high in fibre, and even contain an enzyme that can help whiten teeth. Strawberries are perfectly healthy for dogs, but it is important to make sure they don’t have too many as they do contain sugar. Like everything else, dogs can enjoy strawberries in moderation.
This recipe has very few ingredients, and it is quick and easy to make! Just two easy steps and you’ll have a cool and healthy treat to share with your dog.
- 1 punnet of strawberries - tops cut off
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (must not contain xylitol, as this is toxic to dogs)
- 1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Add all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and slightly runny. Add water as necessary for an easy to pour consistency.
- Pour the mixture into your mould of choice and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours. Silicon ice cube trays are ideal as they are easy to remove once frozen.